Special points of interest:
- Meeting: June 19th
- Rhonda Solomon will demonstrate/teach wire work
In May, Catherine Bond showed a wide variety of items made with the Kumihimo technique. Thanks Catherine!
To increase our membership, we urge you to contact those former members who have not attended our meetings, and ask them to come back.
To help those women returning to work in the LINX program, it was suggested that we take the bead inventory in the BSSV cabinet and make jewelry for them.
- In June, Rhonda Solomon will demonstrate wire working.
- In July, the Annual Bead Challenge will issued, so be ready to sign up! Shelley Davis will demonstrate a double stranded stringing technique.
- In August, Rosie Lovelace will demonstrate how to use a cell phone and/or digital camera to take photos of your creative work.
- In September, the Tidewater Basketry Guild will have a member showing several examples of different materials used in baskets.
- In November, we will be electing a new Board.
- In December, the Annual Bead Challenge creation is due, and we have our annual party!!
Evelyn Miller won the monthly bead jar!! You know you have lonely beads who would love to be in the company of other beads. Bring them to the meeting, and drop them in the jar! Make a bead happy!!
Janet spoke with the Intergalactic Bead show. They will NOT have a bead show in Chesapeake. They will be in Richmond -August 6 & 7 and November 12 & 13. Those are the only Intergalactic Bead shows that will be in VA.
Classes, Demonstrations and Supplies:
Abalone Shell Focal Piece
- 22 gauge square wire dead soft or half hard at least 4-5 feet
- 18-22 gauge half dead soft or half hard at least 2 feet
- Abalone shell focal piece to wrap
- 4mm crystals to decorate your focal piece with (at least 15 crystals)
*If you cannot get 22 gauge square and can only find 21 gauge square. Then you Will need to get 6mm crystals instead.
- Tape for wire work
- Beading Mat
- Bail Maker
- Flat head pliers
- Wire cutters
- Round nose pliers
- Straightening cloth (used to straighten your wire
*The BeadTender in Williamsburg does sell 22 gauge square by the door.
Crochet Sea Glass Necklace: www.allfreejewelrymaking.com/Crocheted-Jewelry/Crochet-Sea-Glass-Necklace
Precious Pearl and Sea Shell DIY Earrings:
Sunlit Seas Mixed Stone Necklace: www.allfreejewelrymaking.com/Strung-Necklace/Sunlit-Seas-Mixed-Stone-Necklace
Bead, Gem and Craft Shows
Treasures of the Earth, Inc.
- July 15-17 VIRGINIA BEACH, VA Virginia Beach Convention Center; 1000 19th Street; Fri. 12-6, Sat. 10-5, Sun. 10-5; Adults $5, Students 16 and under free
The Bodacious Bazaar
- November 11, 12 & 13 Hampton Convention Center, 1610 Coliseum Dr., Hampton, Va.
Craftsmen’s Classic Art & Craft Festival
- October 21, 22 & 23 4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
Chantilly, VA 20151
- November 4, 5 & 6 Richmond Raceway Complex – Richmond, VA
The International Gem & Jewelry Show
- August 19-21 Chantilly, VA Dulles Expo Center 4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
- December 16-19 Chantilly, VA Dulles Expo Center 4320 Chantilly Shopping Center
- August 17-21 GREATER PHILADELPHIA EXPO CENTER Oaks, Pennsylvania
Innovative Bead Show
- August 6-7 Fredericksburg Expo & Conference Center 2371 Carl D. Silver Pkwy Fredericksburg, VA 22401 www.innovativebeadsexpo.com
Intergalactic Bead Show
- Aug. 6-7 Richmond Raceway Complex
- Nov. 12 -13 Richmond Raceway Complex